• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bally Sports fiasco...

yeah bally sports is the LAKINGS cable channel. they are not going to be airing the games any more. not sure where my Kings will go to next season. and because of this they fired the new play by play announcer after one year. they are going to be doing some kind of simulcast with Nick Nickson, Jim Fox and Daryl Evans. i am glad they kept this group as they have been around since the 90's and are an amazing group.

i'm happy to see bailey's sports go. i am just worried that they will go with something just as bad.

Upvote 0
In my situation, and I'm likely not alone, I'm the only sports fan in my home. Though I can afford to stream whatever, it seems selfish to pay out the big bucks just to feed my viewing interests. If my wife had a desire to watch some premium channels it would help even it all out. She is perfectly happy watching old shows and movies and has no desire to watch anything beyond a basic viewing package. So here I am, about to change from a provider to a streaming package. In the change I will lose my free MLB package and my regional sports channel (Bally Sports) where I can get all of the Royals game. Then there is the NFL. I've had the NFL package for years. It's so expensive, even with the discount of being a YouTube TV subscriber, I can't justify the expense.
I guess I'll just do nothing until college basketball comes on and hope my AF friends keep me abreast of sports news.

Upvote 0
the lucky thing for me is that the only team i care about that Bailey's Sports broadcasts are Kings games. but all of my other teams have their own network. The LA Dodgers have their own channel. The Lakers also have their own channel as well. and chargers are on any of the major networks cbs, abc, and fox. so i do not need Baily Sports, since the Kings will be going with someone else.....not sure who though.

Upvote 0
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Though I can afford to stream whatever, it seems selfish to pay out the big bucks just to feed my viewing interests. If my wife had a desire to watch some premium channels it would help even it all out. She is perfectly happy watching old shows and movies and has no desire to watch anything beyond a basic viewing package. So here I am, about to change from a provider to a streaming package.
Was there some point in copying and pasting some of my post from June?

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones