• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beating my head against the Samsung brick wall

reinbeau

Klaatu barada nikto
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Know why I beat my head against a brick wall? Because it feels good when I stop
brick.gif

The Samsung Dock Home or Home Dock or whatever the heck they're calling the app refreshes constantly. It's very distracting, we've been discussing it here. I sent an e-mail to the developer e-mail that's listed in the app, accessorysupport@samsunmobileusa.com (there is absolutely nowhere on the Samsung site to get support for apps), but that e-mail is invalid (of course). So I called Samsung and tried to find out what real e-mail I could use. Long story short (with many repeats of what exactly the problem is) Samsung has no clue who to write to about apps they develop. The clueless tech I talked to (it took a sledge hammer to get through his skull what I wanted) ended up telling me Samsung doesn't support the apps, the Android Market does (yes, I know, I know...), so there is no way to let the developers know their lovely app drives their users crazy.

There. I just had to vent. I won't be using the lovely app in my Captivate dock because it's just too distracting. I feel so much better now! ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones