• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Been having issues with missed calls

Sometimes I'll get a missed call that doesn't show up as a missed call. The only reason I'll know about it is because my boyfriend will tell me he tried to call me and the phone rang then went to voicemail. Only I never heard my phone rang. Or call went straight to voicemail. This has happened so many times that I'm thinking of switching to metro PCs. But before i do I wanna know if its a carrier problem or my phone? I have an Alcatel one touch idol3 5.5.

It is hard to tell without more info, could be both. Also could be related to signal issues. I do miss calls also, but I have also missed calls on Sprint, TMO and Verizon, so I have simply learned to deal with it, thus a good thing we have voicemail. So IMO I don't switch carriers anymore, but you can troubleshoot more, by checking your signal when indoors, also try to pay attention when your BF called and said you missed his call and check whether you were inside or out. Also do some testing, while he is around and call from his device, and see if all your calls go through during that time.

My wife and I have both Moto X mine is a new 2015 edition and hers is a 2014, and when we are both in the house, she misses calls at time, when my phone and signal is good and I don't.

Reactions: kate
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones