• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BEFORE YOU ROOT READ THIS!

You can't be so right, I rooted my phone and I started to mess up with the system files to fix the binary files, now the app that I used to root (Kingroot) it's a part of the ****ing system and it doesn´t let me eliminate it. So I had to disable the app but it's still there. So please, listen to him, for me it's too late because my phone isn't a brick but I changed it forever
Idk...
KDZ & start fresh or somthin. I think there's a way but that's just how my mind works idk.

Upvote 0
Rooting a device is not a good idea. Are you doing this to cheat on COC? I know using bot clashfarmer.com don't require device being rooted. Now I'm Town Hall 10 and waiting to max all my troops before heading to the next level.
Why do you say this? You can't speak for everyone. There are many different reasons to root. I have rooted every device I've owned. What makes you think it's not a good idea?

It can potentially void your warranty, depends on device and/or carrier. What's a warranty anyway? How many times have you needed a warranty for a device?

There's a tiny tiny chance you could brick your device if rooted. I've never personally seen it happen. Almost everything can be recovered. But the act of actually rooting your device is harmless. The danger comes in when you make changes to the system that are allowed because you are rooted. Even then. If you pay attention at all, you should be fine.

If neither of the reasons I described above apply, I'm very curious why your OPINION is that it's a bad idea for people to root a device.

Upvote 0
Rooting has pro and cons. Personally, I think rooting is a great idea and ally phones are rooted. I would not recommend using an app to root.
There is alot to learn and it can be time consuming as well as frustrating. XDA is the best place to learn about rooting you specific device. If you just plan to root and not install custom roms, custom kernel, and flash other system mods then theres much less you have to learn. However, if your like me and want to mod and tweek and customization then you will need the knowledge to do it properly. The intro to this thread mentioned a nandroid backup and I couldn't agree more. Infact it is the most important thing to do when it cones to rooting. TWRP is a custom recovery replacesthe stock recovery. I install TWRP and before I flash the root zip binaries that is before I root, I make a complete backup of all partitions. Check every box and backup to external sd card or OTG flash drive. Make a copy to save elsewhere is also a very good idea because you never know. Never let TWRP install the root but alway flash the root in zip. Most custom roms already comes rooted.
Majisk is now preferred over chainfire and is in active development. Its system less and depending on your device still pass safty net.

Upvote 0
Idk...
KDZ & start fresh or somthin. I think there's a way but that's just how my mind works idk.

I personally have never used kingroot but I have heard its very hard to remove once installed. Im not sure what phone you have but this should be a way to remove kingroot. The best place to look for the answer you seek is on the XDA. For me I search, "xda sprint note 4" or perhaps simply "xda how to replace kingroot". good luck

Upvote 0
If you're thinking about rooting your phone (for whatever reason), there are several vital things you need to know. One of these is called the nandroid backup.

A nandroid is your lifesaver... it takes a snapshot image of the device's entire current state, as it is right then, and saves it in a .zip file on your memory card or internal memory. I recommend all nandroid backups get saved to the external memory card, and copied to a PC or jump drive for safe keeping.

Once you root and have a custom recovery installed, your FIRST action should be to backup the phone in its pristine, stock rooted state. Save that as your baseline backup. Make backups regularly: at least every two weeks if not weekly, and especially before installing a new ROM or changing ANYTHING in the /system partition.

* -Let me say that again because it's IMPORTANT! Before you change ANYTHING in /system, STOP and make a nandroid backup in Recovery! It may be a trouble, but bricking your phone is even more trouble. -*

Both ClockworkMod and TWRP Recoveries have Backup capability. These .zip files can eat up your memory card quickly because they're large. As long as you're copying them all to the PC, you need only keep three on your card: the original stock rooted backup, and your two most recent backups. If the last one is somehow corrupted, you can always restore the one just before that without losing everything.

Want to ignore this advice because you're in a hurry? Here's what will happen.

If you STILL decide to change something in /system and you don't have a backup, you will have forever altered how your phone works... and it might not work at all. You can't get that original file back: and no, a factory reset won't fix it (that only deletes the /data partition and does not touch /system) and you will have a broken phone on your hands with only a couple of possible solutions... and none of them are fast, cheap or easy.

So save yourself from having to buy a new phone or sending yours to a distant repair facility for a costly re-flash to stock... make nandroid backups often. You can never have too many nandroids. You CAN have too few.

If you have any questions about nandroid backups, just ask! We're all here to help you, and we'd much rather help you learn how to make nandroids than help you TRY to restore your bricked phone because no nandroid is available.

For even more information on rooting (and you need to read & learn as much as you can before you start), read this great post:

http://androidforums.com/threads/rooting-best-practices.450904/

And remember: if you're unsure of what you're doing, STOP. Ask questions BEFORE you proceed! The last thing you want to have happen is to be in the middle of a system rewrite and your battery die on you while you're frantically asking questions. We're here to help you learn!

:)
Use this https://www.cydiacloud.com/ website to get more pieces of information about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones