• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best and easiest way to unroot and flash stock on my gnex?

I did. It keeps saying the best driver is already installed. So I uninstalled every driver that had to do with google or samsung and reinstalled and tried again and it keeps saying the same thing. I think I'll just have her use the phone rooted for now and use her ipod touch for apps that can't be used on the phone. I never had much trouble rooting the phones. It's unrooting that's giving me fits.

Upvote 0
Hmm... It sounds like you are trying to automatically search for the driver if it's telling you the best driver is already installed. You should still be able to choose your own manually, regardless of which driver is already installed. I wish I could just get my hands on the phone, haha.

If you have access to a windows 7 computer, you might have better luck getting fastboot working.

Upvote 0
It's definitely a driver issue. Before, when I connected my phone in fastboot mode or just on with the screen unlocked, there were no yellow triangles in my device manager. Now there is, for some reason. I don't think I've changed anything since then so I don't know why. But I went ahead and downloaded the drivers and sdk tools again (in case one of the files was corrupted) and when I attempt to update the driver I navigate to the proper folder and it says there are no compatible drivers in the folder. I'm going to try on my win7 laptop when I get a chance. I think there's a good chance it's a windows 10 issue.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
So now that the holidays are over I finally got around to trying this on my laptop. No luck. I download the drivers as shown in the wugfresh kit and the img as well but it keeps failing on the connection part. I was going to let my daughter use the phone as is but when we try to open the play store it won't open. I will just let her use the nexus 5 for now, even though the battery (which I just replaced) is horrible. Guess I'll be shopping for another phone soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones