• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beware Simple Mobile

Sepero

Linux Guru
Aug 26, 2010
Here's a video of a guy who was 2days late on his monthly payment.
SIMPLE MOBILE IS THE WORST EVER! EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE INFORMED SO PLEASE WATCH ASAP... - YouTube

They disconnected his service and he lost his number that he had for years. They told him to get service back, he would have to pay to reactive, get a new simcard, and a new number.

Now maybe I could understand losing your number if this was credited (contract/postpaid) cellular service, because that would mean you were behind, and you owed over a month worth of service.

But this is Prepaid. He had the money 2days into his billing cycle. To temporarily disable services is understandable- but to immediately deactivate service and permanently lose your number??? It seems extreme.

I've had my number for a long time and I would hate for this to happen to me. I feel bad for this guy, and everyone else who this has happen to. Just Wow.

I'm not saying this makes Simple Mobile a terrible company. I might try their service sometime, but let this be a lesson- make your payments on time or else

Reactions: maire5
Wow, yes I have never used them and doubt I will, I have prepaid and used it with 3 carriers boost mobile metropcs and now t mobile. I am fairly sure on all 3 your number stays active for 90 days after your last payment.
Which is a good thing. One reason I didnt stay with metro is because if I dont have the money for everything I dont pay the cell bill until I get the money. I may go without service for a couple days or a week, with metro those days or week without service I never get back.
For example I have my bill set up to pay on the 1st of every month if I pay on the 7th my next bill is still due on the 1st and if I dont pay it the service is cut off, so that month I do NOT get 30 calendar days of service.
With Boost if my bill is due on the 1st but I dont pay and pay it on the 7th my next bill will be due on the 7th.
I am unsure how T mobile will handle it as I bought a $100 refill for $75 when I started service still have a months service left on it.

Reactions: Sepero
Upvote 0
This is easily fixed by not being late. Just saying.

So hating on a company because the customer is late on their payment? Hmmmmm. Sounds very democratic to me. :)
Ah thats the reason to have prepay, so you dont have to be on time with your payments.

If you dont make your payments you dont have service, but it should not be if you dont make you payment no service and when you do make your payment you get shorted on your service.:thinking:

Reactions: jessewcharles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones