• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Black screen with boot animation stuck

Rycky91

Lurker
Jan 8, 2017
Hello everyone!!

TIFU. I have a rooted em756 tab. I installed jrummy ROM toolbox lite and changed the boot animation to a custom one. After a reboot the tablet was stuck on unfortunately com.android.media has stopped and system ui has stopped.

I did a complete wipe data factory reset but forgot that the boot animation is in /system/media so the custom boot ani is still there. now the tab gets stuck on BLACK SCREEN. i tried ADB but without USB debugging enabled and no TWRP for the thing, I cannot find a solution. Could someone please help me?

well just my opinion....i never rooted a device unless it has a custom recovery. it is your life line, from a bricked device, to a working one.

rom manager apps are also something i would never recommend either. they tend to screw things up more time then not.

not being familiar with your device you might want to see if there is a firmware for your specific device to flash. this might unroot you or lock your bootloader, but at least you will have a working device.

if there is no firmware for you to flash then i'm not quite sure what you can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones