• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blank calendar

Looking at Smooth Calendar's page on the Play Store it's apparently just a widget so that indicates it's just an alternative interface to the calendar data stored in your phone. Have you checked with the Calendar app itself to confirm your saved calendars are still there? (or, assuming you've tied it to your Google account use a browser and go to https://calendar.google.com to confirm)

If you calendar data is still OK it could be just that the widget is temporarily messed up in some way. Try restarting your S8 and see if the problem is still occurring. If your saved calendar are still missing, try going into the Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the Smooth Calendar app listing, tap on 'Force stop' and then find Clear cache and tap on that.

Reactions: MalligaMallan
Upvote 0
I assume that you've checked your phone's built-in calendar app (in case it's just Smooth Calendar playing up). If it is then just removing and re-adding the widget might be enough (the Smooth Calendar I looked up seems to just be a widget?).

Have you checked the calendar app's settings to make sure that your calendar is set to be visible? There will be one tick box in there that if unticked will mean the calendar disappears; if that's the problem, ticking it again will fix everything.

Otherwise, is your calendar linked to an account (e.g. a Google or Samsung calendar account) or is it device-only? If it's linked to an account the data should still be there in the cloud, you just need to make the phone resync them. Maybe check with a to see if they are still there.

If the calendar was only stored on the device, and isn't just being hidden by the app, and doesn't reappar after rebooting the phone (the "turn it off and turn it on again" solution, but always worth a try), then there may not be anything else you can do. But try the first few things here in case, as it may not come to that.

Upvote 0
@svim
@Hadron

So it was my calendar in the phone that was the trouble - I cleared all data (not just cache) and then it showed again.

The smooth calendar (yes, a widget only - which I didn't think of ) still doesn't work, but I tossed it and got Schedule St instead. Not as easy to survey, but I'm supposed to be able to use it from any device, I've been told. So I won't have to worry about a blank calendar again Hope it'll work.

Thanks for answering! ⭐

Reactions: svim and Hadron
Upvote 0
Friend, I understand very much. I am tired of problems with the calendar in the app. After some updates, the reminders get reset; sometimes, they shift by an hour or two, and sometimes they disappear altogether. Since I am an elderly person, I spend a lot of time setting up all the events. My daughter got tired of listening to me complain and printed out a calendar from https://www.123calendars.com/february-calendar.html, in which I write everything myself. Most importantly, my psychological health has improved. Maybe for you, it will be a good way out of the situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones