• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BLE Conflict with Bluetooth Audio?

John Klug

Lurker
Dec 26, 2021
I have a BLE watch. I have the watch app (Polar Flow) on my phone, and it runs in the background, and it periodically syncs.

Whenever that happens, and I am playing bluetooth audio, it hiccups until the sync is complete, which can take minutes. Is there any way to prevent the watch app from running at the same time as an audio app? It is running in the background, so it is a pain to stop via the menus.

I turned off background operation in apps, polar flow, battery. That didn't work. Then I rebooted Android, and that got rid of it.

Since I did this I have not had any issues with Bluetooth audio streaming.

Ideas: turn off syncing with the watch when not on WiFi. I thought I remember that option on some apps, that you can turn them off when you aren't on WiFi. I assume that the watch is being synced to my account with Polar on the internet, but I am not quite sure. It would seem quite reasonable to me to have an option not use my airtime when syncing the watch. Is there a way to force this with some kind of Android setting? Or would the app stills start?

I will look into tasker.

Upvote 0
I would like to be able to use the Bluetooth U-Connect which I paid extra for when I bought the car. Also it handles phone calls, and has voice commands to the phone, all using Bluetooth. Using a cable would greatly limit the features I paid for. It would be much better to do as I did, and turn off the background processing for the phone via the battery controls in the app manager (if that is the correct terminology).

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
The phone has a wired interface, but I think Bluetooth is easier. It usually just connects by itself and starts playing.

BlackPlayer has the option for a wired connection to start the player as well.

This is just one more reason that I love BlackPlayer, because I have a 1970 Oldsmobile with a wired connection, and my ol'lady has a 2018 Subaru that has Bluetooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones