• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth problems??

scythefwd

Apr 17, 2012
Have my pixel 4a, obviously (why else post here right??) and I have two devices that just have serious issues with bluetooth. 3 actually now that I think about it.

Device 1 - Cardo q-solo motorcycle comms unit. I do believe its bluetooth 2.1. It connects, and played music the first time, and only the first time. After that it says it's connected.. but nothing comes out of the device.

Device 2 - 2010 ford sync stereo. Same thing. Probably the same bluetooth vintage, maybe even older spec.

Device 3 - Jvc KD-X240BT, This one behaves differently. It will receive calls just fine over the BT speakers. It connects consistently and lets me play music, use navigation, etc. It's very inconsistent with outgoing calls though.. many of them go to my handset speakers vs. my BT radio.

Any suggestions? The Cardo has been replaced with a newer unit already and its running BT 3.1 and works perfectly, so far.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones