• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root BlurCamera to Atrix Camera

LifeInAnalog

Jul 18, 2010
Ontario, Canada
...there is a lot of complaints about the camera for the XT860/Droid 3. While the Droid 3 received a sysyem update which fixed some of this, along with some battery issues, the XT860 has not received any updates.

Some have tried swapping out the camera .apk's, from the Atrix to ours. As seen in the below Youtube video;

How to install BlurCamera from the Atrix onto the Droid 3/Bionic - YouTube

...this did not work on my phone. But if you want to try it, do NOT delete the old .apk's like he suggests, just re-name them with a .bak extension.

I DID delete them, and ended up with no camera whatsoever. Luckily I had a nandroid backup to restore everything.

If you are using Titanium Backup to backup system apps, be forewarned that it doesn't restore properly a lot of the times (as I found out). Instead, "Freeze" apps, rather than backing up and deleting them.

Reactions: sbwoodside

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones