• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot Animations for Galaxy S4

sonicbluemustang

Android Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2010
This may be my only contribution to the Sprint S4 forum
I have created a couple of boot animations ".qmg" files for the Galaxy S4 from a couple of flashable bootanimation.zip files. These files will have to be copied into the System/Media folder of the Samsung Galaxy S4.
In order to do this the S4 must be rooted. I also recommend that the S4 have a Custom Recovery and Create a Nandroid before doing this.
If you don't backup the phone and something goes wrong I am NOT responsible for the device. So this is "Do It At Your Own Risk". If you bootloop your device I will only shake my head in disappointment, I can not fix it. If you are not knowledgeable in rooting and creating nandroids then don't attempt this. You are on your own.

I recommend Root Explorer for the process so you can give the files permissions after you copy them to the device.

First Backup device with a Nandroid

Rename the 3 original .qmg files to .bak or they will be overwriten when you copy the new ones.
SPR_bootsamsung.qmg------to-----SPR_bootsamsung.qmg.bak
SPR_bootsamsungloop.qmg----to----SPR_bootsamsungloop.qmg.bak
SPR_shutdown.qmg----to----SPR_shutdown.qmg.bak
In this case we are on a Sprint S4 hence the SPR_

Copy the 3 .qmg files to the System/Media folder

Give each file new permissions with Root Explorer give a rw-r-r permission

How these were created from the XDA thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696914

So far I have created only a couple of Ani's from old zips I had from my Force and I found a couple on the net.
I Did not create the Matrix Animation but I did use the Shutdown.qmg file from the Matrix in my animations, only seemed fitting to me.
So far I have made and tested:
FSU Seminoles
Batman
Superman

I noticed that shutdown animations don't show when power apps are used to reboot, so use the power button.
Matrix was not made by me but it does work, I tested it myself.
I have seen a couple others already made into qmg files such as The Avengers on the net.
Have Fun and Don't Forget to Back up your stuff B4 and change permissions. nandroid nandroid nandroid!!!!!!!!!

I added 3 more Flamin Red Skull, Alien and Purple Droids.
Bat.jpg fsu.jpg f00026.jpg

Attachments

• Bat_Bootanimation.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 817
  • FSU_Bootanimation_sgS4.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 542
  • SuprmanBootAnimation.zip
    6 MB · Views: 546
  • MatrixS4BootAni.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 909
  • FlamingRedSkull.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 1,597
  • PurpleDroids.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 473
  • AlienBootAni.zip
    5 MB · Views: 664
Last edited:
Reactions: Bg260

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones