• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot Loop still covered insurance?

SavageRobot

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2012
Wales
I tried flashing a new ROM to Z1, all looked well until I reset and now get stuck in boot loop. Can't get into recovery so guess I have lost this too. If I connect to flash tool it connects in flash mode for exactly 1 minute then disconnects and boot loops. I have a feeling the phone is probably not going to get out of this one. I just want to know if it will be covered with my insurance if it is in bootloop. I assume they will know it's rooted and I have done something wrong, but I have an un-unlockable bootloader and not sure if that is what voids insurance or the rooting anyway? Or do you have suggestions what can possibly help fix? Thanks in advance

You have EE Clone phone dont you? If yes, I wouldn't worry about it. I've given them phones back which are running ROMs and they haven't batted an eye lid.

I asked about their policy on devices with unlocked bootloader when I was sending back an old HTC and they told me it didn't matter, the phone was broken so they'd fix it.

Fwiw, have you tried a repair install via Sony PC Companion?

Reactions: SavageRobot
Upvote 0
Yes Clone Phone, that's a relief then. I shall give them a call. No, the device won't connect to computer and be recognized, if I connect to computer vol+, flashtool says "device not recognized, install drivers, if I connect vol- goes to flash mode for 1 minute then boot loop, if I just connect it just boot loop, computer doesn't see it at all in boot loop :(
I'll see if I can find and flash the .270 ftf in that minute and see if that fixes it, if not, EE to call...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones