• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Botched Digitizer replacement....need to recover files

serpentine009

Android Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010
Ok, while the kids were eating dinner, I attempted to replace my digitizer. Long story short, I completely effed it up. Some of the sticky connectors next to the motherboard didn't disconnect properly, and they now look broken.

Anyway, is there an internal memory chip? Or is it built into the mother board? I put everything back together, and I can't even get power. I should have backup first....rookie mistake. I am trying to recover some files at this point and don't know if it is possible.

Thanks for any help.

Chances are that the next time you work on it you'll break even more. Do yourself a favor and bring it into a good repair shop and see if they can pop a used screen onto it long enough to get it working and get your pictures off (which should have been backed up anyway - what if you lost your phone or it got stolen?)

Whether the memory chip is a separate chip or part of the chipset, wha's the difference? Are you going to remove a chip from the phone and design and build something you can put it into in order to recover data from it? No repair shop would. And the trip to the HTC factory would hardly be worth it, would it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones