• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broke phone with build.prop!

Odin usually works or it doesn't work. If a particular firmware requires a specific version of Odin, it will either let you know or fail the installation.

Considering you're bootlooping (attempting to start and rebooting in the middle) is sounds like you've downloaded firmware that was not specific to your phone model, and or country.

Since you are in the UK, I looked it up on sammobile.com and i see firmware for O2. Is that your carrier? Was the phone originally branded to O2?

There are two downloads, so if the one didn't work, you might try the other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Odin usually works or it doesn't work. If a particular firmware requires a specific version of Odin, it will either let you know or fail the installation.

Considering you're bootlooping (attempting to start and rebooting in the middle) is sounds like you've downloaded firmware that was not specific to your phone model, and or country.
Hmm. My phone thinks its a samsung galaxy s3, so will installing samsung galaxy y firmware (which is what my phone actually is) fail the installation? The firmware i am trying to install is correct btw.

Upvote 0
Now when i try to install the firmware it is always unsuccessful :(. Its not going well;)

Okay. Let's step back and go over this in detail.

First, you are able to get your device into download mode? (Odin mode) Exactly how are you doing this? (more detail is better)

What version of Odin have you got and what version of windows are you using?

Please list the firmware by d/l file name and version number. And, when you are attempting to flash, post your Odin settings. A screenshot would be perfect. :)

When the flash fails, is there a specific error message?

We'll get you back up one way or another.

Upvote 0
OK. I am using Odin3 v3.07. When i use this, it doesnt fail, but it boot loops. In any other version of Odin, it displays:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S5363XXLK1_S5363O2ULK1_S5363XXLK1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> BcmCP.img
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I am on windows vista. I downloaded the firmware from SamMobile here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/confirm/14361/S5363XXLK1_S5363O2ULK1_O2U/

Odin screenshot: http://prntscr.com/7uvbf2

Thanks for helping me through this.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just curious now @lunatic59, as I would never have thought sim/SD would have an effect to fix the bootloop. But why does this fix? Will this cause it to boot normally with them removed but then reinserting will go back to bootloop, so this would just help in getting the phone fixed, then back to normal?

When Android boots it must read all available resources in order to provide access. Without the sim and SD card, that's less it has to get past, and many times an old sim or failing SD card can mess up the boot.

SavageRobot it does appear the case. WHen i reinsert them, it bootloops. I will find out which one causes it. Maybe i need to factory reset?

Could be either, but if it's the SD card, you can probably reformat it (after you've copied important data from it.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones