• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browsing Images on Pixel from PC

I am trying to move/delete/copy specific photos from my phone to my computer. I don't use any cloud, and don't want to if I can avoid it. I just want to plug in my phone, and use File Explorer in Win10 to view the gallery of pics I have so I can select specific ones. When I try that, I only get Icons, regardless of which "view" setting I choose in Explorer.

Seems to me, USB-C is a faster and reliable connection compared to sending files via BT from the phone. I included a screenshot of File Explorer for the sake of clarity. Is there a way I can review thumbs of the photos on the phone from within File Explorer and do this?

Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

Pixel Image Browsing in Explorer.JPG

You have 3 options.
1- Connect by cable directly to the pc and use windows explorer to navigate to the photos. Unfortunately windows explorer does not show anything other than icons installed of thumbnails of said photos = that's just how it works...
2 - install a file explorer on the device from the play store that allows wifi transfer to your computer. Solid explorer is one of many that can do this, and you can see the image thumbnails.
3- Airdroid from the play store.
Install it on both devices and transfer away....

Upvote 0
You have 3 options.
1- Connect by cable directly to the pc and use windows explorer to navigate to the photos. Unfortunately windows explorer does not show anything other than icons installed of thumbnails of said photos = that's just how it works...
2 - install a file explorer on the device from the play store that allows wifi transfer to your computer. Solid explorer is one of many that can do this, and you can see the image thumbnails.
3- Airdroid from the play store.
Install it on both devices and transfer away....

Okay, great news. Thank you for confirming that number 1 is just the way it works (so much for integration). That way I won't spend any more time trying to figure out if it's PEBCAK.

Also, not to appear ungrateful, but is there a difference between option two and option three that you listed? I just want to be sure I'm not misinterpreting your reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones