• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Business Apps?

tomservo

Lurker
May 23, 2008
I was wondering why there are a lack of business apps, I'd love to have something similar to active sync on my android phone. My space + social networking doesn't quite cut it for me, they do need to develop for businesses just like the iphone is now doing for a larger market share. Or am I missing something?

I agree.

Unfortunately "they" means individual judges. There wasn't a "group" consensus on the winners of Round 1, they rated apps individually.

In addition, there is the "they" of developers. I think the whole "social" aspect has the least barriers to entry as far as app creation goes and it also has one of the largest upsides, not to mention is the most obvious. So, the vast majority of applications submitted were social apps.

I definitely agree though... the opportunity to support businesses with Android Apps is HUGE. The question is - how will the developer make money from it? Perhaps thats why they aren't being made?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones