• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar notifications appear unexpectedly

dg_moore

Lurker
Jun 6, 2018
Recently my Samsung Tab E and my LG K10 phone both suddenly began displaying calendar notifications from my desktop PC. The appointments are maintained in my EM email client, which has no connection with my Android devices. I struggle to understand how my android devices have suddenly become aware of the appointment information. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
The EM client may have no connection to your Android devices, but what about the email accounts you use it with? If an email containing that calendar information been sent to the GMail account you use with that phone it's quite likely that Google have "helpfully" added the appointment to the corresponding Google calendar. There is information on this feature, including how to turn it off, here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones