• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calls coming to Watch 4

thaKing

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2012
Lex Vegas
I have the LTE Watch 4 Classic and I am able to receive calls on the watch. However, the calls do not come through to my phone. I assumed I would have a choice when receiving a call - answer on the phone or the watch. However, I'm only getting the option to answer on the watch, my phone never rings. Is this expected behavior? If not, what do I need to look at to correct this?

What phone do you have?

I've found that (by default) incoming calls ring on both my GW4 and my Pixel 6 Pro, but answering on the phone still routes the audio to the watch. I don't expect to ever actually want to answer a call on my watch so I disabled the "Phone calls" option for the watch in my phone's Bluetooth settings menu. Calls still notify on both my watch and my phone, but I can answer them on the phone.

Upvote 0
I have the S22 ultra.

I can disable calls in the BT menu as you do. Answering calls on the watch may not be ideal, but I do see times I'd need it, like when I'm walking the dogs without my phone and my young son calls. I'd like to be able to still receive calls on the watch, just in case. But when the phone is near I'd much rather be able to choose the phone and not the watch.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones