• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera problems

Cam501

Feb 18, 2011
My camera is now stuck in front facing mode. I first noticed it when I opened up Snapchat and couldn't revert it back to the main rear camera. When I open up the camera app it defaults to being in front facing mode with a 2 second timer. I'm unable to flip it back to the rear camera and it's greyed out where I would turn flash on and off. If I need to go through the hassle of moving all my photos, video, app data etc to a flash drive and factory reset I will, but last time I did a hard reset my sim card error started up again right after. Also, I don't think it's related but just in case, I had a battery and charging problem that lasted for nearly 3 weeks before clearing itself up and the camera problelm reared it's ugly head during that time frame.(I have a separate post on that) Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones