• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can android backup restore undo phone Reset?

p.s. OnePlus support got back to me.

"... backup & restore option is no longer available on Android 12 and later versions. Currently, this application is primarily used for transferring content between devices."

I repeatedly asked for their recommendation for best backup to restore to the same device and this was all they would say.
not surprised really. oneplus is not one for supporting their devices.
What Android phone manufacturers have excellent backup and restore apps?

No more OnePlus for me.
you might want to look into samsung. samsung's smart switch works great on backing up and restoring their phones. every time i upgrade, i use smart switch and it is almost like my new phone is my old phone. there are some things that do not get backed up, but its pretty minute and does not take long to get the new phone up to speed. it does take a while to restore a back up on the new phone.

so something to think about when you plan on upgrading your phone though.

Last edited:
Reactions: coyote2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones