• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can I defer subsidized phones on Sprint Family Share Pack?

jae_63

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Hi,

I have a family of 5, and we have three phones on Ting and two (for legacy reasons) on Virgin Mobile. My Ting phones are all Sprint phones. One of these is a feature phone, for a young child who I'm not yet ready to provide with a smartphone.

I'm considering moving [back] to Sprint, because of the attractive $100 Family Share Pack, and to get some iPhone 6s. But I'd be inclined to only get two new phones for now (both iPhone 6s), and defer the subsidized phone credits for the other three lines until I 'need' them. Can this be done, or does the structure of the Family Share Pack plan effectively force me to accept all the subsidies at the beginning? [ I'm unlikely to sign up for "iPhone for Life" plans ]

[ a semi-related question: my own phone is a (Sprint) Motorola Photon Q, which I love but is getting a bit long in the tooth. I haven't seen any rumors of upcoming Sprint Android devices with slide-out keyboards ... have any of you? ]

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones