• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can not put phoner into download mode

ukrkoz

Jul 8, 2011
OK, I can not put Continuum into download mode.
Odin fails to load half way, shows "fail".
Reinstalled drivers from Verizon, phone is recogbized by PC and Odin shows COM connection.
No download mode yellow triangle on the screen.

Help?

we did.

then, I have noticed that phone does not keep settings. you can change contacts, wallpaper, anything else - it stays that way only until the phone is on. if you restart it, or battery dies - it reverts automatically back to factory settings.

so, in my wisdom, I Odin-d it again, that went well; then, I installed CWM recovery, tried to put phone into recovery to install deodexed rom - and phone died. as in - d-e-d, dead. won't go into download mode, any attempts to reflash from Odin failed, will not restart.

I, finally, gave up and went to VZW. They know me there, so guy tried to flash it himself - same crap, dead. they replaced it, it's running fine now. I am not touching it anymore. I had to add 3rd phone to the account, to procure a 2 day temp phone for my wife to get by.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones