• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot move individual contacts among storage locations

sancho_s

Lurker
Oct 12, 2021
I am on Samsung S10e, Android 12.
In my older phone/OS, I used to be able to move individual contacts among the various storage locations.
E.g., I could move a contact from my phone to my Google account (exception: once a contact was in Google, I couldn't move it elsewhere, but I guess that was normal).
Now I can't see that option anymore. The closest I found is with
Contacts -> Three bars -> Manage contacts -> Move contacts
but that seems to move all contacts in one location to another.
Can I recover the previous behavior?

for me on my z fold 3 Contacts -> Three bars -> Manage contacts -> Move contacts, by selecting move contacts i am then given a choice of "from" which is either phone or google; and then "to" which is either phone or google. in the "from" selection i can then select phone which gives me the options of contacts that is only on phone and it allows "all" or indivicual contacts i wish to move .

not sure if this is only a z fold 3 thing or not.....just saying that i have that option. not sure why you do not.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
for me on my z fold 3 Contacts -> Three bars -> Manage contacts -> Move contacts, by selecting move contacts i am then given a choice of "from" which is either phone or google; and then "to" which is either phone or google. in the "from" selection i can then select phone which gives me the options of contacts that is only on phone and it allows "all" or indivicual contacts i wish to move .

not sure if this is only a z fold 3 thing or not.....just saying that i have that option. not sure why you do not.

You are right!
I was only missing one step... entering Move contacts.

Still, I don't know why I cannot move a contact from within the view of that contact, as it used to be.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones