• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't add google account or start google play store

liero87

Lurker
Dec 28, 2016
Hi,
I've just bought brand new P9 Lite.

MY PROBLEM:
I've reset the device to factory settings. Since then I'm not able to run Google Play Store (the app exits immetiatelly) or add Google Account (Settings->Accounts->Add account->Google).

Symtops are the same as here:

WHAT HAVE I TRIED:
I tried to reset settings reset to factory setting couple of time, clear cache data, clear app data, remove sim card and external SD Card. I've tried both, to allow all permisions after factory reset or to deny all permissions.

DEVICE INFO:
Model Number: HUAWEI VNS-L31
Build Number: VNS-L31C150B161
EMUI version: 4.1.1
Android version: 6.0
IMEI: [moderated redacted]

We've seen this recently with other phones, but my best guess is that the version of the play framework that shipped with your phone is the one that's bee confusing Google's developers.

You can read the full discussion here: Can't add Goggle account
But my best recommendation would be to try and update the play store by manually installing a known working version like:

Google Play Store 7.3.07.k-all

Reports are it works for *some* people, especially if you are rooted.

Reactions: mikedt and lvt
Upvote 0
Same with me in my Quantum Fly (Q7), this happened when I deleted the google play services, some how I fixed in first time, because the original one is old, so I wanted a new one, for some reason I deleted again (I'am dumb), that happened again and now I can't fix :/.
So I'am deleted the Google Play Services, Google and the Play Store, do a re-install of these apps and reseted the Google Structutr Services, Google Services FrameWork and nothing happens.
I go keep trying ;-;

Info:
Quantum Fly (Q7)
Android 6.0
Root : YEEEEES

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same with me in my Quantum Fly (Q7), this happened when I deleted the google play services, some how I fixed in first time, because the original one is old, so I wanted a new one, for some reason I deleted again (I'am dumb), that happened again and now I can't fix :/.
So I'am deleted the Google Play Services, Google and the Play Store, do a re-install of these apps and reseted the Google Structutr Services, Google Services FrameWork and nothing happens.
I go keep trying ;-;

Info:
Quantum Fly (Q7)
Android 6.0
Root : YEEEEES
so your phone is rooted? do you have a custom recovery?

Upvote 0
;-; almost didn't worked at first time, but really worked
(0:54am) Uhh, I reinstalled the old versions of Play Store (6.1.14), Play Services(8.7.05) and Google (5.9.33.19) and promoved as system app with Lucky Pacher, restated and did a recovery again for the second time.
(1:47am) After 3-6 minutes of starting, finally started (uuh its not a soft brick :)), Set language, Wi-Fi, and in the section to add a account, showed to me a message "set up a other device", something like that, doing by wi-fi, after added the accounts of my mom device (have 1 account my in she device) the Play Services tryed add other but don't worked.
(2:09am) Now I can use the Play Store, Youtube and others, but I can add more accounts, whell my lucky is my main account as been added.
(3:32am) So I waited the Play Store Upgrade the apps and after 1 hour, I can now add more accounts. Automatically fixed by updating the app's .... :)

Resumed
1)Delete: Google Play Store, Google Play Services and the Google App
2)Search for the old versions, in apkmirror.com.
3)Install and promove as system app
4)Try to recovery now ( do a backup ok ;))
5)Wait a message to set up a nearby device, go to another android device, go in setting and Google, search for a "Set up device" (this metod worked for me)
If not show this massage(in the broken device), just jump the steps, connect to wi-fi active the bluetooth, now you go in other device (android), go in setting and Google, search for a "Set up device" and HOPE TO THIS WORK.

I'am f•ck•ng tired, in total as been 8 hours of trying ;-;
sorry for my bad english and the bad "tutorial"
"with just a browser you can do anything in android" ~last time when I deleted everything to test me
My Smartphone:
Quantum Fly (Q7) (Q7.BR.OPEN.2017080102)
Android 6.0 (sdk 23) (arm64-v8a)
Root: Yes
Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Chipset: MT6797M

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones