• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect to Wi-Fi and can't use as Hotspot

PhilipCal

Lurker
Oct 8, 2018
Hi,

I've always used my phone as a hotspot but when I tried to use it as a hotspot for my PS4 recently it didn't work. The PS4 just didn't connect. So I tried it on my Macbook, with which I have used my phone as a Hotspot before and it didn't work either. Either it said the password was wrong, which it wasn't, or when I removed the password security it just gave me a connection error.
After this I couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi anymore. It sees the available connections but when I select a network it immediately disconnects again.

I've tried turning it off and on again. And erasing all the network settings. I've also tried it with other Wi-Fi hotspots and it didn't work and I tried connecting different devices to my hotspot, which didn't work either.

Any ideas why I might experience this problem?

Phone Specs: Honor 6A, Android 7.0, EMUI 5.1.2

Thanks,
Phil

Sounds like your carrier is blocking hotspot usage and tethering. Does your carrier data plan allow tethering? Why it was working before, don't know, maybe they changed something? Suggest you definitely check with your carrier about it, like you may need to pay an extra tethering subscription, especially with US carriers.
But it has worked before. Plus I also can't connect to Wi Fi anymore so I reconn those two problems are related

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones