• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rezzinator

Lurker
Dec 11, 2021
I'm using a Galaxy S2 and trying to get textnow APK to work because you can't sign in on the older versions. but the problem is every time that I tried to load the APK it says APK not compatible. Is there any way to make the APK compatible with the device it is running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

its because you have a very old device. and unless the devs for textnow had support for 4.1.2, you are screwed. your only option is to find that apk.....otherwise i think you should upgrade your phone. there are many cheap low end devices that run on higher android os than the s2.
i have found the old APK for it but the problem is that dev's made it so you can no longer log into the old version. Are you sure there is no way to make it so that my phone thinks it's a older version when it's not?

Upvote 0
i have found the old APK for it but the problem is that dev's made it so you can no longer log into the old version. Are you sure there is no way to make it so that my phone thinks it's a older version when it's not?

I'm absolutely sure there's no way to do that. But anyway, as the the servers are locking out old versions of the client app, there's nothing you can do at your end. Apart from having a device that can run current versions of the app.

Upvote 0
First of all, you should obtain a lower version apk which fits your phone's old Android system, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Secondly, you need to make sure that the server side of this app still supports thus low version of clients.

Perhaps the simplest solution is to upgrade the Android system on your phone.
You can also change to a new Android device. :D

Upvote 0
This is like trying to use the internet with a Windows 95 PC. The sites and programs don't support it any more and it doesn't work.
A device this old may be useful for some non-connected apps like a music player, note-taking etc. but for anything that requires online connectivity, up to date security standards and so on you'll need a newer phone with a more current version of Android and enough memory and processing power to run those apps. Really no way around it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones