• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't receive MMS, no notification - T-Mobile

Ok, I'm hoping one of you Android pros can help me. I honestly am sort of new to Android--I've had my Fierce since 2015 but I honestly haven't really tried to do a lot with it. I use to live in an area that didn't have the best network, so my data usually stayed off. I now live in an area with a lot better coverage, but I only just now realized that I can't get mms on T-Mobile. I checked, and 2G - LTE is covered where I live (though I know my phone only gets up to 3G). I have never received a notification to download a picture or an error message while on data or wifi (I know mms can't be received over wifi). But my internet works on data and I get great navigation.

I've tried a few different apns mentioned across threads, called T-Mobile (no help, suggested I give up and buy a new phone), disabled the native app and tried new messaging apps, and even did a factory reset.

Any ideas or suggestions? I bought this unlocked (I'm guessing to was a MetroPCs phone) and it is the exact model T-Mobile was selling at the time (which really just baffles me as to why I can't get better support for it from carrier...). I am using epc.tmobile.com as my apn since my phone is nonLTE.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones