• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Alrighty, so I'm attempting to update my Captive Glide from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kies and the usb drivers. I've manually set them up. I downloaded the driver directly from Samsung, allowed my laptop to install and update drivers from Microsoft Update, and I'm finally to the point where plugging in my phone via the USB cable only allows it to charge, and my laptop doesn't even bat an eyelash. There was a brief moment of hope where Kies actually attempted to connect, but the only message I received was along the lines of "Device is not responding, please reboot." Which I did. Which lead to the device not being recognized by the laptop/the drivers not being installed.
Does anyone have suggestions, or is it just time for a new phone?

:(

After many tries to unbrick phone (even bought dongle jig) the phone is still bricked. It is now junk. I tried numerous times to get help and no avail. flashed cyanmogen 10 on samsung captivate worked well then bricked. Could never get back to recovery tried a one brick method and that really did it in. I do not believe there is any other way of getting back to download mode. It is done RIP my captivate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones