• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Case up or run naked?

tweak4

Feb 5, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
I know they claim these are shatterproof, but that doesn't mean that a drop won't scratch up the screen or body. So are you guys going to use a case or not? If so, which one?
On my last several phones, I've gone with basic TPU cases- they're cheap, add basic protection and don't add much bulk. However, since the T2 is already a pretty big phone, I'm worried about adding even more to that by adding a case. However, some slim TPU cases are already starting to pop up and it looks like Incipio is making a DualPro Carbon case which looks really nice, though I'd want to handle it in person to see how much bulk it adds.

Thoughts?

I have a Samsung S5 which is a big phone, and the added case just keeps it from slipping out of my hands.
Have never used a screen protector, and never ruined a screen. I suppose that would depend on one's environment some, but mine has been in a lot of different kinds of environments and no scratches on the display. it is 18 months old now.
I have a Galaxy S that is 6 years old, and it too, does not have any scratches on the display and is still a working phone, just not registered.

Upvote 0
I know they claim these are shatterproof, but that doesn't mean that a drop won't scratch up the screen or body. So are you guys going to use a case or not? If so, which one?
On my last several phones, I've gone with basic TPU cases- they're cheap, add basic protection and don't add much bulk. However, since the T2 is already a pretty big phone, I'm worried about adding even more to that by adding a case. However, some slim TPU cases are already starting to pop up and it looks like Incipio is making a DualPro Carbon case which looks really nice, though I'd want to handle it in person to see how much bulk it adds.

Thoughts?
So I feel the same way. I hate cases that make the phone bulkier. The screens on the turbo 2 are said to be unbreakable, but they are also said to be easily scratched. get a pack of screens protectors. I got the perfect case for your Turbo 2. It's called an Incipio DUALPRO HARD SHELL CASE w/ SILICONE CORE. It has a soft silicon cover that if I decided to could be good alone. It also comes with a hard shell to go over the soft. Together they keep the phone bulk down to a maximum. I think it's 24 or 29.00 bucks at Verizon. I got the black.
https://www.techiewarehouse.com/Inc...9015-J98.htm?gclid=CIrlgJ_PtskCFUKQHwodsxAM5w

Upvote 0
I got the perfect case for your Turbo 2. It's called an Incipio DUALPRO HARD SHELL CASE w/ SILICONE CORE.

Ha! That's actually the case I already have. Though I decided to pay a couple bucks extra and get the "Carbon" version (with a faux carbon-fiber finish) that I mentioned previously. It does add a bit more bulk than a simple TPU case, due to it being dual-layered, but it still fits in a front pants pocket fairly comfortably, so I'm ok with it for now.

Due to the way the hard layer interlocks with the soft one, I really don't think the soft layer would work well on its own, as there are protrusions at the top and bottom and around the volume/power buttons that just feel awful in the hand. If that's what you're going for, I'd say you'd probably be better off grabbing one of the various TPU skins (I got one from Cimo for about $7 on NewEgg) that have a much better feel.

Actually, through a string of unexpected events, I ended up with both the CF DualPro as well as the red one. I don't need both, so I'll probably try to sell the red one here (and yes, I'll do it in the classified section), but if anyone is interested, let me know and I can PM you when the classified post goes up.

Upvote 0
I HATE using a case but I caved and used part of the $200 I got for trading in my old cracked maxx.(we also got the ellipses tablet with that $) and got the 2 piece case mate.

But I find myself taking it off when I'm not at work.

I also spent $25 on the flexible glass protector they sell there at the store, so I feel my phone is pretty bullet proof when I have the case on.... But I hate it

Upvote 0
Just an FYI: I had the case on that came "with" the bundle from VZ (wireless desktop charger, case, car charger) and could not connect to my truck's bluetooth with it on. Took it off and works like a charm. So, just saying as you look for cases, consider that. I actually would like a case on this, as the whole reason I got this phone is b/c my note 4 was in my back pocket when I took a tumble down my stairs. It was broke, but I was more broke. 1 week ago tomorrow and there is still pain. BTW, Assurion sent me a N-4 that didn't work. currently fighting the fee on that!

Upvote 0

Thoughts?
oterbox defender for me.. well worth 50 bucks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones