• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Help with Xperience oc kernel

Odin89

Android Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2013
heart of tx
www.google.com
Hey, Im on kk 4.4.4 stock rom, flashed xperience kernel for oc and everything seems to b going smoothly, only everytime i reboot the phone it tries to re activate as in update profile and prl, also on startup i get a mid screen notification saying unfortunately sprint installer has stopped. Any help remedying those 2 problems? I still have service and data, tried to wipe cache and dalvic as well

Reactions: richard fizwell
Use Titanium Backup and look for the OMADMClient_Sprint_Client 1.0 make a backup and delete it. You will need to reinstall this if you want pro and profile updates, but it will stop the annoying popup on boot. I'm not sure about your other problem at the moment. I remember that happening to me on 4.4.2 but haven't had it happen on 4.4.4., but I am debloated a bit more now. If I remember what it was I'll let you know.

Edit: Don't just freeze the app. I tried that and my power menue and home button stopped working. It doesn't happen when you uninstall it for some reason and I have noticed no problems after deleting. I did this on 4.4.2 no problems also.

Reactions: Odin89
Upvote 0
I have had no problems losing MMS or APN settings with any custom kernel for stock, I'm using XPerience-STK 16+ now with no problems like that. The only time MMS and APN settings are messed up is on custom ROMs and we have had a fix for that for a whilw now.

I guess it not all kernels then, I am using faux123's unified kernel for stock & APN settings get wiped when flashed. i get the activation screen every time my phone reboots. I also had to manually enter my APN settings on hangouts to get MMS working again.

Upvote 0
I guess it not all kernels then, I am using faux123's unified kernel for stock & APN settings get wiped when flashed. i get the activation screen every time my phone reboots. I also had to manually enter my APN settings on hangouts to get MMS working again.

Im using the xperience stk 16 kernel as well, im getting the activation screen everytime i reboot as well did u get a fix for that? I have the faux123 kernel but have yet to try it

Upvote 0
Use Titanium Backup and look for the OMADMClient_Sprint_Client 1.0 make a backup and delete it. You will need to reinstall this if you want pro and profile updates, but it will stop the annoying popup on boot. I'm not sure about your other problem at the moment. I remember that happening to me on 4.4.2 but haven't had it happen on 4.4.4., but I am debloated a bit more now. If I remember what it was I'll let you know.

Edit: Don't just freeze the app. I tried that and my power menue and home button stopped working. It doesn't happen when you uninstall it for some reason and I have noticed no problems after deleting. I did this on 4.4.2 no problems also.

What do you mean pro? And what exactly is a profile update, jus tryin to understand alittle better

Upvote 0
What do you mean pro? And what exactly is a profile update, jus tryin to understand alittle better

I'm sorry, that was a typo. It should have said prl. Read this, it was one of the first things that popped up when I googled your question: https://help.ting.com/entries/23975767-Updating-your-Phone-Over-the-Air-Profile-PRL-and-Activation-Updates
Also the activation thing that pops up on start up is hands Free Activation and it has nothing to do with the custom kernel. It should have popped up before that. Tip: If used properly, Google is your friend and will probably answer you faster than anyone here for simple questions like that. There's also a search feature here.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I was wrong. I just installed kernels for about an hour and this only happens after installing custom kernels. It's no certain kernel, its all of them. Every time I reflashed stock the hands free activation didn't pop up after boot. So it's either stay stock, deal with the pop up every boot , or delete the app I mentioned and have to reinstall to update prl and profile.

Reactions: Odin89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones