• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Xposed framework modules

Sweet, I replaced the navbar with pie, freed up half an inch of screen haha looks very smooth without that black bar on the bottom border. There's a Android L theme supported by xposed for moto devices, havent had a chance to mess with it yet

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xposed-android-l-theme-t2803003

the no font version is for moto devices if ud like to check it out

Upvote 0
Theres one built in gravity box go into "navigation bar tweaks" and switch on master switch on scoll down to android L navigation keys....reboot and enjoy

Not jus navbar, but settings/calculator/status bar icons/themed framework/boot animation. little theme module/tweaks gravitybox doesn't offer, I'll check it out after work to b sure :) thought it'd b cool

Upvote 0
I have been using Gravitybox for L navigation bar, data traffic monitor, quick settings quick pull down and swipe to notifications, signal bar and battery, pie controls and auto expand volume panel. Maybe more. Xblast tools for power menu, notification panel tweaks, lock screen, text and spinner colors, toast and popup colors, + more. Xuimod for scrolling, listview and toast animations. Complete Action Plus. Xhalo floating window. Screen filter to dim screen at night more than what it normally will, and to put all these settings in one easy to find place, Xposed Preference Injector to put the apps with a ui in settings list. I do not get force closes as long as its set up right. You can't have more than one module modifying the same exact thing. You can have both Gravitybox and Xblast change something in the status bar for instance, but they can't both be set to change the same thing in the status bar. If you try them both, don't be surprised by the 2 clocks and 2 batteries, you just have to turn one off on one module or the other. I have nearly every mod available on custom ROMs. You just have to play around with them a bit. This phone seems to tolerate Xposed mods a lot better than previous phones I've had.

Reactions: Odin89 and dogdayz
Upvote 0
I'm sure it does, and I've thought about that but never checked it out. I've never had any lag issues even running them on custom ROMs and I score around 17000 with stock on Antutu with them all active which is only slightly less than before any apps are installed. I wish they'd get Xposed working with ART.

Edit: you should checkout the new Team Blackout apps if you like blacked out or clear. There's not as many as there used to be but there's a few good ones.

Upvote 0
Ah ok. Was looking at some of the permissions of xblast and it looks kinda shady, send/receive SMS, use camera without permission, access to Google play wallets, are any of these worth raising an eye brow? First time I've seen an app say "this may cost you money" haha just curious.

It nerds permissions for SMS for lock screen notifications and peek, camera permissions for on-the-go mode, and there's a donate option I haven't checked out yet I think gives you some extra tweaks which would require Google Wallet permissions if you use Google Wallet. Really nothing shady, some apps need certain permissions for certain things to work, that's just the way android is.

Edit: when apps ask for permissions for something that the app isn't supposed to have anything to do with is when you want to worry. Check out this Xposed module Fake I'd Fix and read the thread on XDA, there's a link in Xposed where you download the modules. I almost forgot about that module.

Upvote 0
Right now I'm running

Battery Home Icon (Shows an android L like home button that doubles as a circle battery indicator)

Dimensions editor (Edit things like navbar width/height, Statusbar width/height, etc)

Gesture Navigation (self explanatory)

Heads Up Notifications (I think everyone knows what that is)

MinMingaurd (ADblock)

QuickPic2Gallery (changes the QuickPic app name to Gallery)

Smooth System Progress Bars (makes the progress bars animations more smooth)

Wanam Kit (adds some settings like clock postion, etc)

Xstana (Change the look of your Navigation/Status bar), and xSuite (change apps name/icon)

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones