• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cerberus updates/changes & Persona

I got an email yesterday that Cerberus has a new app, Persona, it's included with your Cerberus account. What I guess I didn't know was that that's now a subscription service. They will honor my lifetime payment but if I want Persona I'll have to pay for a subscription. The 'special offer' link says I would get a year free before having to pay.

Just an FYI 'cause I think some of you old folks may still be using it :) It sort of seems like the share your location in Maps. Hmmm (oh, no I'm not paying for that part but will keep the basic Cerberus app).

The email:

We wanted to let you know that we released a new app: Cerberus Personal Safety (Persona).

Persona is the personal safety solution for you and your family. During an emergency or a potentially dangerous situation you can easily and quickly share real-time location with your loved ones. You can share with friends and relatives via email, SMS, Facebook and Twitter with one tap, they will be able to track you just by opening a link, no login required. You can install the app from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus.persona

You might know that a couple years ago we switched to subscription licenses for new accounts, which is more in line with what we provide - a comprehensive service, not just a simple app.

You were one of our early users and purchased a lifetime license for the Anti-theft app, we appreciate it and of course we will honor the terms of that license. On the other hand the Personal Safety app, and new services we are working on, will be reserved to customers with a subscription license.

Persona will work with your lifetime license until the end of March. If you want to use it after that date and have access to our new apps and services, you can upgrade to a subscription plan. We have a special offer for you, check it out at this link...

I guess I'm missing the added benefits of Persona. Is it the ability to share location with contacts via social media?

Best I can see is that anyone who has your specific link will be able to track where you are and perform other Cerberus type functions without the need to log in to your Cerberus account.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones