• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chargers hire Jim Harbaugh

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I don't think there was any question as to whom the Chargers wanted to hire for their next head coach. I'm sure it was a matter of money and talking Jim into leaving his groomed college program at Michigan. I think it's a great hire for the franchise and I expect big things out of the Chargers in the future. No more finding a way to lose for the Chargers in future is my forecast.
Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan to coach Chargers

I don't think there was any question as to whom the Chargers wanted to hire for their next head coach. I'm sure it was a matter of money and talking Jim into leaving his groomed college program at Michigan. I think it's a great hire for the franchise and I expect big things out of the Chargers in the future. No more finding a way to lose for the Chargers in future is my forecast.
Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan to coach Chargers
i will have to see it first before i can believe that statement. the Chargers are a cursed franchise that i have grown to love despite the frustration. but it is a definite step in the right direction. i truly hope he can lift the curse. it's the best move since hiring Marty Schottenheimer as the coach many moons ago.

now we need a strong GM like when we had AJ Smith who hired Marty back then. after that comes getting some more o-lineman to protect Herbert. we need to either re-sign eckler or get a solid RB. we also need help on the defens side as well. there are just so much holes we need filled.

i think if Harbaugh can just break even and show improvement from this past season, i think we will be all right. if we can make the playoffs next year, that will just be icing on the cake.

He's had a very good coaching career as far as wins and losses.
no doubt, but it's the Chargers. some how they will find a way to f@ck this up. it is how they are. it is in their DNA. let's just take this coming season one step at a time. if we have a season above .500, i would call that a success.

i consider my Chargers kind of like the LA Clippers. they have a new owner and a good coach with talented players.....but they just can't seem to get over that hump.

i kind of will put my Dodgers as another example. good coach, great players, good season and yet they fail in the post season......this one is more of a stretch, but you get my point, i hope.

i am not falling into the trap of getting too excited for next season, just yet. i want to see who the next GM is going to be. what kind of coaching staff Harbaugh hires. and what free agents they will bring in to help the team.

there are a bunch of steps that needs to be done. step one was to get a head coach.....so yeah. i am very happy about that first step. but there are many miles to go.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
Still surprised no one has hired Mike Vrabel yet and Belichick to some degree. Just think Belichick is too old at this point and he'll want too much control over everything.
i actually would have been happy with Vrabel. but Harbaugh is a much better fit. and yes Belichick is too old and he would have wanted to be GM as well. that would have not gone well with Spanos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones