• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'cheap' Android phone needed - with GPS

DarkSky

Feb 22, 2010
My mother is planning on finally upgrading from her old dumbphone to a smartphone, and being a Moto Droid -> Galaxy S2 -> Galaxy S3 user, I'd obviously like her to get a Samsung/Android phone.

She doesn't want to spend a lot (actually it will probably be an early bday/xmas present from me) so a superphone is out of the question.

She's planning on a driving trip from Ontario to Las Vegas in a month, so GPS is a must.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on an Android phone that's on the cheap[er] side, that has GPS? Qwerty keyboard would be -great- but for some reason they seem to be phasing them out (I'd *LOVE* an S3 with a physical qwerty slide-out keyboard!! but that's another story)

Oh, and obviously since this is the Bell forum, (she's on Bell), it has to work with Bell.

Suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones