• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chicken Flavored Potato Chips

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
Wife picked these up. They are from Canada.I first tried chicken flavored potato chips in France, and they were the best flavored potato chip I have ever tried. Why Lays hasn't brought this flavor to the states is beyond me. They are delicious.

chickpotatochip.jpg

"Roast chicken" has been a staple flavour of crisps(*) since at least the 60s here. Never top of the popularity chart, but well-established.

(*) As we call them on this side of the Pond. "Chips" means fried potato slices, similar to French(*) fries (or "pommes frites" as they are known in France) but thicker so that there is a soft potato core rather than the whole thing being crisped up. Actually a healthier option, as they contain more potato and less oil , though any claim to being healthy is strictly relative...

(**) The Belgians would dispute the assertion that frites are "French"!

Upvote 0
I quite like wasabi or sauerkraut fish flavour Lays.

Lays are described as "chips", where in the UK we'd call them crisps. Chips been what Americans would call french fries or freedom fries.
Freedom fries and Freedom toast came about due to France not blindly following President Bush and the British into war with Iraq. There was a lot of really stupid anti-French sentiment. People on the news dumping out French wine, bumper sticker saying Iraq First, France Next, Louisiana politicians taking down websites they had in French....etc...

Upvote 0
I assume they grew up and got over that a long time ago though. Certainly here in Europe we thought it just made them look very silly.

And I don't know whether this was reported in the US media, but the UK following Bush into Iraq was deeply unpopular in Britain, across a wide range of society, and permanently tainted Blair's reputation.

Upvote 0
Wife picked these up. They are from Canada.I first tried chicken flavored potato chips in France, and they were the best flavored potato chip I have ever tried. Why Lays hasn't brought this flavor to the states is beyond me. They are delicious.

View attachment 169837

I'm still trying to figure out the chicken 'n waffles thing and you want me to give these a go? ;) :D

• Haha
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones