• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clear data files on gallery app w/o losing photos

eyecandiee

Lurker
Jan 24, 2019
I was deep-cleaning with the system cleaner and under the "Big Files" section there was 1 GB worth of data files in Gallery. I could really use 1 GB but I don't want to lose my photos. Do I delete?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-25-00-40-36-147_com.miui.cleanmaster.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-25-00-40-36-147_com.miui.cleanmaster.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 242
Not knowing just which 'deep clean' app you're using, if you look in your Settings >> Storage menu that should be more informative than that screen shot you posted. Does that correlate with what that mystery app is showing you?
If anything, I'd recommend using an app like 'DiskUsage' to determine what files you do and don't want to keep. It'll give you a more detailed, graphical representation of your storage media.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.diskusage&hl=en_US

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones