• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clock not syncing

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help, or at least someone to say there's nothing that can be done so I won't drive myself insane scanning forums...

I have an enlighten and I had to hard reset it, I bypassed the activation making it a wifi only device, which is the way I desired it to be. However, now I have a weird problem, my clock is out of sync and an enlighten has no way to set the time and date manually. It starts off with the correct time just not the right time zone, but after a power cycle it reverts back to january 6th, 1980. I have found out that for some reason the time will update if I don't have an updated version of google play/services. What makes this problem worse is since the time is so out of sync my phone treats everything as a malicious program and I get endless certificates stating this when web surfing, and some apps won't work at all. Can anyone help me with this?

Cellphones use the cell tower time to update the clock, so keeping the phone from talking to the tower keeps it from updating the time.

How you reconcile this is up to you. (There may be an internet time sync app [that would be the NTP protocol] somewhere, although since the phone normally does this automatically, it's possible that no one has written one.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones