• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockworkMod Recovery for Attain

itzdarockz

Jul 23, 2012
I am from over in the Samsung Conquer 4G forums which is your cousin phone. I see you guys are in need of a recovery, but I need to know if you guys have root. If you guys do all I will need is a boot.img dump from your phone. You can grab it by doing this in a terminal on your phone or adb.

Code:
dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

If you guys dont have it than extract this zip to your sdcard and grab dump_image and put it in your /system/bin directory. http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=917537&d=1330088431

Are you sure about this?, why don't you build from source? I could have made it myself but I just don't have the time to do so... I can do some work only weekends, but thank you for taking the lead :)

I am going to build it from source, but I couldnt find the necessary files to build it from source from you guys so I need the boot.img to do so.

Upvote 0
heyo :) you are gunna have a hard time with that. the conquer is an MTD phone hence why dump_image works.

the attain and every other samsung phone ive seen wont work with dump image (the conquer is the only MTD samsung phone ive seen). this is also a really messed up samsung format, the sgs1 series had the kernel in zImage format with the initramfs (ramdisk) compiled into it. the sgs2 had recovery and boot initramfs compiled into one partition. this is the red headed stepchild of that spawn, RFS dual initramfs and so many things just screwed, kernel source wont compiled/boot oh and to unpack the kernels and repack them you have to use a hybrid of the kernel scripts from sgs1/2

this isnt to discourage you just let you know that things arent like the conquer and it is far from a sister phone the only thing this phone shares is the name samsung on it.

Upvote 0
heyo :) you are gunna have a hard time with that. the conquer is an MTD phone hence why dump_image works.

the attain and every other samsung phone ive seen wont work with dump image (the conquer is the only MTD samsung phone ive seen). this is also a really messed up samsung format, the sgs1 series had the kernel in zImage format with the initramfs (ramdisk) compiled into it. the sgs2 had recovery and boot initramfs compiled into one partition. this is the red headed stepchild of that spawn, RFS dual initramfs and so many things just screwed, kernel source wont compiled/boot oh and to unpack the kernels and repack them you have to use a hybrid of the kernel scripts from sgs1/2

this isnt to discourage you just let you know that things arent like the conquer and it is far from a sister phone the only thing this phone shares is the name samsung on it.

Lmao, that's why I asked him if he was sure about this, is not that easy as he put it neither it is that hard, some devs are just lazy or have a busy life :D (believe me...)

Upvote 0
I have a link to the attain boot. Img here is the link. Are you still willing to build the cw mod for us?
http://db.tt/9fRXN0Mi

Dude this thread was made almost a year ago. Looking at his amount of posts I can see that he doesn't frequent these forums anymore. The whole attain forums are dead.

Even travisantonio that said he was gonna make a new rom and we haven't heard anything from him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones