• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D-U-R-X

turbo drinker
Apr 20, 2011
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place... wasn't quite sure if this was a root question (as to have CM7 installed requires root) or a tips and tricks question (as it's actually a tip I'm after). :thinking:

I was messing around and changing the settings in CM7 when I first installed it. I changed a setting and now don't have the screen off animation. I've been looking in to all of the different settings to try and find a theme or somehting like that that I must have changed, but can't seem to work it out... please could someone point me in the right direction?!? :)

In fact, while I'm asking for advice on this, CM7 is a gingerbread rom... I thought that my app drawer was going to be 3D, but it's actually the same as it was when I was on the stock (Froyo) rom... if someone could let me know if I have to flash something else to get that ir if there's another setting I need to change, that'd be great! :D

doesn't cyanogen come with adw (or a CM version of it) installed? if it IS the case then you can change the app drawer style to the 3D version in the launcher visual settings (i don't use either, but i know adw does support it)

Yeah - does come with ADW, but can't seem to work out how to turn on 3D though... just looking at it now!

Upvote 0
just grabbed this off a link about the same thing on google ;)

I've been looking on google, but can't seem to find the right thing... on mine, I go

Menu ==> Settongs ==> ADW Launcher ==> Drawer Settings ==> App Drawer style ==>

At that point, I get the option to have Verticle / Horizontal

Tried to go in to UI Settings, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do with the drawer settings! :(

Upvote 0
you may need ADW EX then...........

unfortunately i don't use anything other than sense now because i got fed up of them all, but i know for a FACT that launcher pro supports 3D app drawers in a similar place

Just googled it and yes, you're right, I'd need ADW EX.

if I really want it, I'll pay for it. I just thought that it was an automatic feature in CM7. I think I'll leave it for now, until I've settled on a rom that I'll stick with.

Upvote 0
Launcher Pro, as has been mentioned, is free and offers a 3D drawer. That's what I use in stead of ADW.

And for future refference, if you're asking for advice, tips and tricks is never the right section. That section is supposed to be for fully formed tips to be posted rather than questions :)

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Launcher Pro, as has been mentioned, is free and offers a 3D drawer. That's what I use in stead of ADW.

As it's free, I might give it a go (do like the look/feel of ADW though).

And for future refference, if you're asking for advice, tips and tricks is never the right section. That section is supposed to be for fully formed tips to be posted rather than questions :)

Thanks for the info - glad I ended up posting in here then!! :D

Upvote 0
the 3d app drawer looks great, but i don't like how it resets its position once you open an app, where the standard drawer saves the position meaning if you hit the wrong app by mistake.
i did find a stock gingerbread launcher somewhere that had the proper drawer behaviour while still being 3d, but i missed my launcher pro bottom launch dock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones