• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Complete Factory Re-Flash (Brick,Return,Un-Root,Stock)

JohnMonsour

Jan 11, 2013
I am writing a complete guide on unbricking or complete restoring your LG optimus F7 Us870 back to stock Zv4.

You will need to download the items below.
  1. LG Zv4 Firmware: www.oudhitsquad.com/ad/LGE/Firmware/LG870/LG870ZV4_06.zip
  2. Download http://androidforums.com/attachment...2/?temp_hash=09cb708c3d1b4810309890e96374ad83
  3. LgFlashingGuide.zip (Includes a set up working LgFlashTool and already has the cracked megalock etc it was compiled by me LGFlashTool{Full Working Install+DLL}
  4. Extract LGFlashTool{Full Working Install+DLL} to desktop.
  5. Either download the firmware from top link or from http://osp.zerounix.net/lg870-flashtools.zip here which includes everything.
  6. Extract the forward file its called LG870ZV4_06.tot and place it in the LGFlashTool{Full Working Install+DLL} folder on the desktop.
  7. Make sure to install the LGUnitedMobileDriver.exe
Thanks to Sammyz off his thread everything needed in one zip file:
http://osp.zerounix.net/lg870-flashtools.zip
Also Thanks tryptaminion for compiling it!

This guide is intended for windows users or boot camp users running windows. Or an exe booter for linux. But it is easiest just to use windows.

1. Put your LG Optimus F7 in download mode)While powered off, volume up + plug in USB)
  2. Connect a High-Quality USB 2.0 cable
  3. Open up LG Flash Tool located in the
  4. Tick "Select Manual Mode" (The DLL selected is called "LG870_20130528_LGFLASHv151.dll"). Extracted in the LGFlashTool{Full Working Install+DLL} folder we placed on the desktop.
  5. Select Add, choose the LG870ZV4_06.tot
  6. Press ok
  7. Next set up the com ports properly so we can get to the fun part...
What to do?

1.Self Exclamatory. Its like a damn kids picture book. Now follow along closely class we don't want to miss a step!

2.Pay attention!

3.If you can't get it to recognize your phone then try a different USB cable (preferably a high quality one).

4. If it doesn't get to 100% than your phone is toast so don't touch it!!!

5. Any questions don't hesitate to ask we love answering easy questions and even more so challenging ones.

6.Profit $$$$$

IMG_20150219_225210.jpg

IMG_20150219_225156.jpg

IMG_20150219_225140.jpg

IMG_20150219_225125.jpg

IMG_20150219_225048.jpg

IMG_20150219_225033.jpg

IMG_20150219_225016.jpg

IMG_20150219_224959.jpg

IMG_20150219_224917.jpg

IMG_20150219_225140.jpg

And that's all. Welcome to the boost boot logo and your phone is as good as day one firmware wise

Attachments

• LGFlashingGuide.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 2,265
Last edited:
Reactions: Ruupoo98
I somehow, through the hidden menu, got my phone stuck in a recovery only bootloop. It says it can't mount /data. Tried flashing the unbrick/unroot, but it won't take, just says "waiting".
One of the developers mentioned that I can edit the script in the zip file and reflash it, but I don't know where to begin with that.
He also suggested that I could ask for a recovery file from someone to flash in recovery, but again I think the /data not mounting issue could be a problem, but I don't really know, I am a musician not a programmer (doh!)
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I hope this phone isn't dead its been great, had Simplicity running on it for a while and upgraded the Kernel a while back, just want my phone back...

Upvote 0
J
I somehow, through the hidden menu, got my phone stuck in a recovery only bootloop. It says it can't mount /data. Tried flashing the unbrick/unroot, but it won't take, just says "waiting".
One of the developers mentioned that I can edit the script in the zip file and reflash it, but I don't know where to begin with that.
He also suggested that I could ask for a recovery file from someone to flash in recovery, but again I think the /data not mounting issue could be a problem, but I don't really know, I am a musician not a programmer (doh!)
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I hope this phone isn't dead its been great, had Simplicity running on it for a while and upgraded the Kernel a while back, just want my phone back...
Can it go into download mode

Upvote 0
Yes... but doesn't take. Sometimes step 15 never happens. Lately it is showing up as port 41 and step 15 never happens, but a couple of times(depending on which usb port I use) it did what it should and the dialog in step 15 popped up. Still it didn't take, just said "waiting" after all steps were completed.
I'm not understanding . It pops up
A com41 but when press the button it says waiting that just wait

Upvote 0
I'm not understanding . It pops up
A com41 but when press the button it says waiting that just wait

Reinstalled all drivers and flash tool. Never got the "Com already in use" dialog when changing to port 41 though, and it didn't say port 41 in use when I selected it at step 13. When I hit go at the final step, it says "waiting" for a long time, then Ready. The phone still shows download mode, so i wait 5 seconds and unplug, try to reboot, goes to recovery... I have tried this 10 times now at different usb ports.

Upvote 0
Reinstalled all drivers and flash tool. Never got the "Com already in use" dialog when changing to port 41 though, and it didn't say port 41 in use when I selected it at step 13. When I hit go at the final step, it says "waiting" for a long time, then Ready. The phone still shows download mode, so i wait 5 seconds and unplug, try to reboot, goes to recovery... I have tried this 10 times now at different usb ports.
You have to use com41 try different USB port or check see what port it pops up with

Upvote 0
You have to use com41 try different USB port or check see what port it pops up with

I tried another port, it gave me the "COM already in use" dialog box this time when setting it to COM41. I continued all steps as indicated. It says "waiting" for a long time, then it says "Ready". I wait 5 seconds, unplug the phone, and it is still showing that it is in Download Mode (the phone). I restart the phone, and it boots into recovery and gives this error message:

"E:could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!"

This is the same thing that has been happening the past 12 times I have tried it, basically.

Do I need an SD card in to make this work or no?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones