• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copying images and .gifs inside Chrome for android...

I am indeed talking about on my phone. I am using an AT&T HTC One X running android 4.0 with Chrome. However, I have also tried this with the stock browser and ICS+ browser. When I long press on the image/GIF it just gives me the options to "save image", "open image", and "open image in new tab". There is no copy image. I really hope I can find a fix. Its annoying.

Upvote 0
Have you tried it with ICS Browser+? It's virtually the stock browser, but with a few more features.

Do you have a copy option in the stock browser EP? I'm wondering if it was deliberately removed in the U.S. because of all the Apple shenanigans. I have a custom rom on mt SGS2 but I can definitely copy and paste graphics from a browser to a text message.

Upvote 0
This is what I see:

lunatic59-albums-stuff-picture6367-browser-options.png

Upvote 0
Yea i definitely don't have those options. I have tried the stock browser, ICS+, Dolphin HD, Firefox, and Chrome. All of them have no copy image option when you long press on an image/GIF. Its just "save image", "open image", and "open image in new tab". I suppose I could just save the image to my phone, open gallery, and copy paste it into my message, but that is pretty non intuitive. Plus that then cluttered my gallery with silly downloaded pics/gifs.

Upvote 0
Yea i definitely don't have those options. I have tried the stock browser, ICS+, Dolphin HD, Firefox, and Chrome. All of them have no copy image option when you long press on an image/GIF. Its just "save image", "open image", and "open image in new tab". I suppose I could just save the image to my phone, open gallery, and copy paste it into my message, but that is pretty non intuitive. Plus that then cluttered my gallery with silly downloaded pics/gifs.

Sorry to hear that. I am beginning to think that the option was either put in the rom I am using (ShoStock2) or it was deliberately removed from the One X because of Apple's Patent Blitzkrieg against Samsung. How they could possibly claim patent for copy and paste is beyond me, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Rooting and flashing might be a solution if it's that important to you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones