• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Credit card fraud - OnePlus Official website

Solarwind

Jun 29, 2010
Hey

Just wanted to check in and notify / see if anyone else has had issues with their OnePlus 5t purchase from the official Oneplus website?

I recently upgraded my 3t with a white 5t last week, using a credit card that I don't normally use (it's left in the house). Literally a day later, I get a call from my credit card company advising me they have blocked multiple attempted electrical purchases. My mobile phone number was also "reported stolen" at the same time, I assume to try and facilitate the credit card fraud. It appears as though I am not the only one who has experienced this issue, after buying direct off the Oneplus website.

There is a long thread on their 5t Community Forums named "Credit Card Fraud" with multiple folk being defrauded.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/credit-card-fraud.747206

Whilst I can not 100% say this is down to Oneplus, the balance of probability is that someone in their employee / contractor chain has potentially stolen customer details.

Just a heads up for those considering a direct purchase.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones