• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cricket update messed up my phone

We're going to need much more information to even have a shot at helping you! :)

Your title implies that Cricket is responsible for the problem. I'm not familiar with Cricket--what is that? A service provider? A device name?

We need to know what device you have [brand and model], what Android version you're using, and what update you're referring to [a system update? a software update?].

We'll help get this sorted out!

Upvote 0
As far as I know the update was successful except for the fact that it doesn't let me use my cell data, the sim card is fine because I have tested it in a different phone, also I tryd a different sim in my messed up phone and it said the sim is on a different network so physically the phone is fine

Upvote 0
Look in your Settings menu for a 'Network settings reset' option, this will reset all network related settings back to their defaults:
https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Network-Settings-on-Android
You mentioned trying a Factory Reset but note that this action is different. A Factory Reset involves wiping the user data partition, where all your files and user settings/config files get stored. A Network settings reset relates to user and system network services.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
It might not be a problem with your phone itself, but something happened to cause your current SIM card to fail. If you have access to a different phone try putting your SIM card into it and check its status.
If that's not an option, given all the things you've tried you might want to just contact Cricket and have them send you a new, replacement SIM card.

Upvote 0
Thanks I just emailed Nokia hopefully they can push a new update to correct any bugs

I don't think they will push an update, that's not how it works, but hopefully they will troubleshoot with you, it could be a number of reasons you are having an issue with their latest release.

Also where did you buy the phone ?? They also might be able to help, if it's recent.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Go to settings>about phone and look for your imei number (do not post it here) and see if it actually lists one or displays zeros or an error. In the past we have seen where system updates for some odd reason will delete an imei number from the device, which would make your sim card unable to validate on your Cricket network.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Ok here is something showing a fault with the sim card

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709-131411.png
    Screenshot_20200709-131411.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones