• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cricket ZTE Source (N9511) on StraightTalk?

m2pmd70

Lurker
Feb 26, 2014
I have a brand new Cricket branded ZTE Source, but Cricket service isn't available where I live. My StraightTalk ZTE Avail, which had become much more useful thanks to info on these forums, took a bath. Now I'm back to a stupid old iphone.

Anyway, to get to the point... is it possible for me to use the Source on StraightTalk, preferably their AT&T network, as it seems to work better around here?

I was under the impression Cricket phones were CDMA, and therefore had no SIM card. This one has a microsim. The ST website says it will work with their SIM, but the lady I spoke with on the phone said it wasn't compatible.

On a slightly-related note, the phone currently reboots endlessly with the original SIM installed, but works fine with no SIM. I don't have any other microsims to try. Do you suppose I got a bad SIM or a bad phone?

Sell the phone. You can get the zte 998 on sale at radio shack for $119 this week. It is 4g/lte phone and you can run it on at&t network via go phone or net 10 or aio.
Much better phone and much more service options. Besides , once at&t purchase of cricket closes, the CDMA network is doomed anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones