• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom Binary block by FRP lock

Hi, i have exactly the same problem on my sons new phone. I have got to step 3 but cannot find the file i have extracted..all that was extracted was something saying odin 3 that would only open with a notepad and sort of settings cog on the icon when i click pda i cant find the file i need ..i dont know if it is something to do with my laptop not having the correct programme to open the pda file or not as i am not very good with stuff like this. Very frustrating as i have just bought him the phone for christmas. Any help would be great thank you

First off, I'm really, truly not trying to be an ass here. That being said, your kid probably has a better idea of what to do than you. I sincerely applaud your effort, but there are too many things that can go wrong for a noob(we were all there once) to be messing with his kids phone and make no mistake, this is not quite uploading photos or syncing accounts. Once you know what you're doing it's way easy, once you are in the know. Take it to a tech. Or hell, I'd be willing to do it remotely(with a small bit of your help with things digital fingers weren't meant to touch). But unless you want to damn near get another degree, pay the 35 or 50 bucks to have a tech root it. Trust me, it's worth it.

Upvote 0
I have tried the suggestions here, but apparently am doing something wrong. Can Someone please walk me through exact step by step instructions on what I need to do. I downloaded Odin, but not really sure what to do with it now, or what it means to open it as administrator, when do I plug my phone into my computer? I am just totally lost. My son is so upset, he is 10 years old and just got this phone last night and can't use it, please someone... HELP!!!

I applaud your effort, it's encouraging to see people stepping out of their comfort box and trying to learn something new.

That being said, wrong damn thing to learn on. Rooting your phone is fairly complicated, for someone who doesn't even know how to run as admin? Might as well be Greek and instructions on how to build a nuclear reactor besides. Preferably don't do it at all(having root or super user access is NOT a good thing for the uninitiated, in fact it's really bad, like giving a laptop to a chimp. It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens and it breaks), but if you must Take it to a tech, or email me. I can do most of it remotely, I'm affordable and ill teach you and your kid a bunch so he doesn't brick it. brholt8@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Download the files i have attached and link.
1. Open Odin as Administrator and extract ZIP
2. Select the PDA checkbox in Odin
3. Click PDA and find the file you have extracted
4. Put your phone in download mode (VOL Down, Home Button & Power button at the same time till it shows a blue screen)
4. See the options and make sure you continue (Should be volume up)
5. Press start in Odin
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347821707
Can these steps be done using another phone and on SD card because I don't have a computer?

Upvote 0
I have a MetroPCS Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G360T1) and had the problem described in this thread. I was able to use the information posted here to resolve the problem and I would like to thank you guys for that.

My question is in regards to what went wrong. After purchasing the phone, I immediately set out to root it. I used a method that I found online (now can't find where it was) that involved installing a package using ODIN. It worked, verified the phone as rooted. I then set about customizing the phone and in so doing logged into Google. On the next reboot, I got that godforsaken Custom binary blocked by FRP screen.

The phone is now back to normal and no longer rooted. I still want it rooted, but I'm afraid to go down that road again until I have an understanding of what caused the problem and can feel confident that it won't happen again. So, how did I screw it up? What's the right way to do this? There are all sorts of different approaches to this described all over the web and I really don't know what to trust.

Upvote 0
I have a MetroPCS Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G360T1) and had the problem described in this thread. I was able to use the information posted here to resolve the problem and I would like to thank you guys for that.

My question is in regards to what went wrong. After purchasing the phone, I immediately set out to root it. I used a method that I found online (now can't find where it was) that involved installing a package using ODIN. It worked, verified the phone as rooted. I then set about customizing the phone and in so doing logged into Google. On the next reboot, I got that godforsaken Custom binary blocked by FRP screen.

The phone is now back to normal and no longer rooted. I still want it rooted, but I'm afraid to go down that road again until I have an understanding of what caused the problem and can feel confident that it won't happen again. So, how did I screw it up? What's the right way to do this? There are all sorts of different approaches to this described all over the web and I really don't know what to trust.
So, what happened (probably) is that you didnt turn on builder mode. To do that you need to go to Settings > About > Now tap "build number" times. Then root your phone and the problem should be fixed

Upvote 0
I also downloaded Odin and the file
4. Put your phone in download mode (VOL Down, Home Button & Power button at the same time till it shows a blue screen)
5. Press start in Odin
I downloaded the Odin and then the link but the link says it is a security risk to open.

Upvote 0
5. Press start in Odin

Ran odin and it said completed but the phone is still says downloading. How long does it typically take to finish and boot up

Upvote 0
When you turn on for the first time your smartphone you add a google account, which result in you automatically activates FRP. To solve this problem and disable FRP simply googles delete accounts that are stored on your smartphone.
To do this go to:
Settings> Accounts> Google
Then click and delete accounts

The next time you encounter problems related files or other applications or check out the official websites you will find all the information on it including how to disable the FRP for example.

cordially

Upvote 0
When you turn on for the first time your smartphone you add a google account, which result in you automatically activates FRP. To solve this problem and disable FRP simply googles delete accounts that are stored on your smartphone.
To do this go to:
Settings> Accounts> Google
Then click and delete accounts

The next time you encounter problems related files or other applications or check out the official websites you will find all the information on it including how to disable the FRP for example.

cordially
Yes...but it wont work if your phone is locked up in a FRP and wont bootup. disabling it on the web does nothing as your phone is locked up. If you had access to your phone, you can disable it in setting. WTF

Upvote 0
To fix this problem first u have to download SMART SWITCH then install it
Then click emergency software recovery and don't plug your phone to your computer yet then enter your phone model and s/n after it will explains the rest
This work for Samsung grand prime
And I think it should work for other phones

Thank you thank you this saved my bacon on the Galaxy J700t. Had to take battery out to get the s/n. took over an hour but was well worth it. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
5.1.1 has FRP lock auto turned on whenever you have a google account on the device... This is probably going to cause a lot of problems with all newer devices that get rooted. I even tried removing all google accounts, flashed recovery and flashed boot img back to stock after rooting and still FRP was bricking the device. I got supersu onto the device, all working fine for a 3rd time, as soon as I added a google account onto my device and restarted, it was FRP lock blocked and soft bricked again.... I used kies to restore to factory again, re-rooted it for the 4th time when I finally discovered an option in developer options called OEM unlock, Turning OEM unlock on turns off the FRP lock security feature.

My conclusion, If your going to root 5.1.1 make sure you remove all accounts from the device first, do not change google passwords for 72 hours prior to rooting, once rooted, YOU MUST TURN OEM Unlock ON in settings>developer options before adding any google accounts to the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones