• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom icons don't work with EMUI 8 update

davignell

Lurker
May 24, 2018
Ok so here's my problem.

When I bought my Huawei P10 I wanted to change the icons but I realized that the Huawei Mobile Services wasn't available in my country (Canada). So I installed the app called Emui Themes Factory and I was able to apply custom icons. I also tried the apps called Themes Manager for Huawei and Themes for Huwaei but some themes weren't applying properly. But recently, my phone updated to EMUI 8 and since then, some icons just don't change. I looked for other ways but all I can do is use a launcher or shortcut apps but I don't like those options.

So if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ok so here's my problem.

When I bought my Huawei P10 I wanted to change the icons but I realized that the Huawei Mobile Services wasn't available in my country (Canada).

Is it the China only one, where you have to register with a +86(mainland China) mobile number? Did you buy the phone as a grey import?

So I installed the app called Emui Themes Factory and I was able to apply custom icons. I also tried the apps called Themes Manager for Huawei and Themes for Huwaei but some themes weren't applying properly. But recently, my phone updated to EMUI 8 and since then, some icons just don't change. I looked for other ways but all I can do is use a launcher or shortcut apps but I don't like those options.

So if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I guess the developers will need to update their app/service for EMUI 8. Maybe worth you shooting them an email about it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones