• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom OS effects

Hi, this is thecuriousdenisse. I accidentally locked myself out of my phone (not remembering my passoword). I've done a lot of research to see what to do. A lot of videos told me to reboot it. I tried rebooting it, but anither screen popped up. It was about whether installing "Custom OS" or not. I just want to know if I install this, will my files and apps and stuff still be there? Because I rebooted my other phone (without the Custom OS feature), and it said that something with Samsung that I can restore my files and apps...so I was wondering if it will be the same result? Please respond to this, I am in need of advice!

Thanks -thecuriousdenisse.

well a while back google added FRP (Factory Reset Protection). it is to prevent from thieves being able to use the device stolen by doing a factory reset. you can unlock the phone as long as you remember you email and password you originally setup the phone with.

https://gadgetguideonline.com/andro...ollipop-5-1-when-you-do-a-factory-data-reset/

edit: forgot to mention that the phone needs to be rooted in order to have a custom os.

is the phone rooted?

Upvote 0
not sure. how do you do it though? does it require acccessing the phone?
yeah there is a bit to it, to root your phone.....so i doubt that it is rooted. unless you gave it to someone and they did it for you. and i'm not sure if rooting the device will help when FRP has been tripped.

do you not remember what email and password you used for google?

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
yeah there is a bit to it, to root your phone.....so i doubt that it is rooted. unless you gave it to someone and they did it for you. and i'm not sure if rooting the device will help when FRP has been tripped.
do you not remember what email and password you used for google?
I do! It's just that if my phone's not rooted...what will I do? 😓

Upvote 0
again if you do not remember your email and password then the only thing is to take it back to your carrier and see if they can unlock it for you. other then that you can search the web on how to by pass frp.
and you can't root the phone until you have access to it when it is turn on.
Um...I said that I do remember my email...so...what do I do now? Sorry if I'm sounding stupid...😓😓😓

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones