• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM backups without blobs?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Is there an alternate way to back up my device from recovery mode that will not generate any blobs (in the clockworkmod/blobs directory)?

I'm using a Galaxy S Relay 4G, and I haven't found a version of TWRP which runs on that device. Therefore, I seem to be stuck with CWM.

I understand the purpose of the blobs, but they massively slow things down when i am doing searches on my device or backing up to my desktop machine via "adb pull". I'd love to make use of a different form of nandroid backup (or even a non-nandroid backup) which doesn't use these blobs.

Are there any possibilities?

Thank you very much in advance.
.​

Im on a CWM-based recovery and it doesnt use blobs. I remember using CWM for a while and hating them too just because its harder to organise.
I had a look around the settings for you and cant find a toggle for it.
Have you had a good look around the backup and restore menu?
Maybe check out TWRP recovery. I use it on my tab and it doesnt use blobs :thumbup:
EDIT sorry i just noticed where you said there isnt a twrp for it :beer:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones