• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM V5.0.2.8 for MMX A87

Hey guys,

To be honest, our recovery is still not perfect. There is one option which does not work.

Backing up sd-ext.

I need some help here. Can someone partition their sd card through our recovery and tell me if it partitions in ext3 or ext2

I believe its ext3 if so then please tell me if this is the mount point

/sd-ext ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Ignore this fellas,

I figured it out. I will release an update to the recovery shortly.

It will now allow you to back up sd-ext as well.

That means even if you have used link2sd or app like that to install apps in the SD card that will be backed up by the recovery so when you backup and restore, you can restore the phone to the exact condition it was in without having to install apps again.

Thanks to CuteCriminal for pointing it out initially..

Upvote 0
@idhbar
im yet to start my contribution to A87 and i have did nothing to the prerooted rom and u have said i have to publish it.
thats wrong the person who created should and will release them....

final exams running, i will start building CM10 from november 2nd onwards.....

@sethuram
in the prerooted rom add
init.d support
ad-free host file
zipalign
odexed versions and deodexed versions
and others

@itzmiandy
sorry for making this post off topic ;)

Upvote 0
@idhbar
im yet to start my contribution to A87 and i have did nothing to the prerooted rom and u have said i have to publish it.

@sethuram
in the prerooted rom add
init.d support
ad-free host file
zipalign
and others

@itzmiandy

thanks Cutecriminal. I am a newbie so just a bit of time ill get that into the rom. for now i think ill just release this prerooted version of the stock rom.

All credits to itzmiandy

Upvote 0
@idhbar

@sethuram
in the prerooted rom add
init.d support
ad-free host file
zipalign
and others

@itzmiandy

@cute criminal, .. ithnk jellybean(on CM10) requires more than 256 MB in /system ..our fone's /system is 200 MB only i thnk..so if we cant repartition internal memory, jelly bean no hop(i made my tab's /system to 512 mb frm the existing 256mb to install cm10) ..so pls better try with CM9 ICS..waiting for ur exams to get over :)

Upvote 0
@cute criminal, .. ithnk jellybean(on CM10) requires more than 256 MB in /system ..our fone's /system is 200 MB only i thnk..so if we cant repartition internal memory, jelly bean no hop(i made my tab's /system to 512 mb frm the isting 256mb to install cm10) ..so pls better try with CM9 ICS..waiting for ur exams to get over :)

Theoretical required value on system is 200, but my x8 which has 192mb system usable memory runs cm10 smoothly, so lets give a try with some workarounds,if not cm9 is the best choice
aand also theoretical value on space reqd for system partition for ics is 180mb

Reactions: sooraj87
Upvote 0
Hey Guys,

I would like to thank you all for the immense support and feedback. You guys are awesome.

I actually logged in to release the recovery with sd-ext support but hey looks like we have a new DEV among us. He has released CWM for A87 first time on the internet..

His name is prosty2 in our forum and check his site out - Prostyle PC | Micromax Funbook Games & Apps

Check his post in our forum too - http://androidforums.com/a87-all-th...support-stock-micromax-a87-ninja-4-0-rom.html

I am not gonna post anything more and am stopping all developments. I will sit back and wait till our new DEV comes out with something that I haven't done.

Reactions: idhbar
Upvote 0
Hey Guys,

I would like to thank you all for the immense support and feedback. You guys are awesome.

I actually logged in to release the recovery with sd-ext support but hey looks like we have a new DEV among us. He has released CWM for A87 first time on the internet..

His name is prosty2 in our forum and check his site out - Prostyle PC | Micromax Funbook Games & Apps

Check his post in our forum too - http://androidforums.com/a87-all-th...support-stock-micromax-a87-ninja-4-0-rom.html

I am not gonna post anything more and am stopping all developments. I will sit back and wait till our new DEV comes out with something that I haven't done.

@itzmiandy I read prostyle post. If I am not wrong, it seams his post is almost copy -pest of yours. I am thankful to u becuz u have done first release of cwm for us.

Upvote 0
Hey Folks,

I am sorry if I had over reacted...

I got pissed when I saw my post being copied..

I know there would be scums like this who copy and paste others hardwork...but hey WE SHOULD NOT TOLERATE IT...

Anyways the news is that the final version of the recovery is updated in the OP...

You now have SD-EXT support.

Upvote 0
Ok, for the three of you..

As soon as you boot into recovery, Use the volume button to scroll through the list thrice...

Press the volume up button to keep scrolling.. Once you reach the last option at the bottom, keep pressing the button and you will go to the first option.. continue scrolling and once you complete scrolling thrice, You will see the text "Back button enabled". Thats it. You now have a working CWM...:)

A kind request to all of you.. I have spend three weeks day in and day out trying to get this working.. Please do not post it elsewhere or distribute. We still have a problem with MD5 generation. I am working on it now. I will release it in the forum once I get it sorted out..

Thanks again for your support and encouragement..

pliz can i av cmw for myslf too... i wnts for my a87 too pliz:):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones